Loquiz app is famous for its easy to play features. You don’t need to be a geek to play one of our games on Loquiz.
Still, if you can’t really get things going, here’s a quick guide and a troubleshooting list to address most of the issues you might face.
LOQUIZ APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
1. STARTING THE GAME
- Activate: GPS (location services), WiFi, and Mobile data on your mobile device
- Open the LOQUIZ application by tapping on loquiz icon
- You need to allow loquiz to access the device’s camera, album and location services. (a popup will appear when needed).
- Fill in the username and password of the game and click “Sign in”
- You can read the game info and press “OK”
- You can always read the game info later, through Menu \ Info.
- To start the game, tap on “Start”, and press “Yes” on the popup question asking you if you want to start the game.
- Choose your team’s name and (if you want) input the names of your team mates.da (If you play alone, your team will only have your name as team member).
- You can now start playing, looking for points on the map, visiting them and answering questions.
2. GAME MENU
- To see the game’s menu, tap on the three dashes at the top left of the screen.
- Menu options
a. Satellite / Map View. When the map of the game is the native map (Google Map for Android and Apple Maps for IOS) by clicking on “Satellite View”, you can switch to a satellite map. Similarly, when you are using the satellite map, you can switch to the native map by clicking on “Map View”.
b. Score. By clicking on “Score” you can see all the information about your Score. (Points you have visited, Correct and wrong answers, distance traveled, total score).
c. Info. Click on the “Info” option if you want to read again the game’s information that appeared on your first login.
d. Exit. “Exit” closes the application.
e. Scan QR code. With this option you enable the QR Reader of the application that allows you to scan a QR code. QR codes are usually set in areas such as shops, and will offer you a discount on one or more products of the shop. If you can scan a QR code, you will know so, when you visit a specific location on the map, so don’t worry if you haven’t found one, not all of our games support this feature.
f. Follow me. With the “Follow me” option, the map of the game will always be centered on your location (blue dot) and will follow your move.
3. HOW TO PLAY
Build your strategy on how to move around the place based on the points you want to visit.
Each point has three characteristics. A number, an icon and a circle.
The first two characteristics translate to:
1. Points you can win if you answer correctly.
2. Question theme (icon).
The third characteristic, the circle appearing on each point is the trigger radius. To activate the task hidden in any given point, simply move inside its circle (the blue dot on the map representing your location should be inside the the trigger radius).
After completing the task, the point you have visited will disappear from the map.
Your map is dynamic and you can zoom in / out, center it to your point, rotate it, and align it to the compass direction (by clicking on the compass icon that appears ONLY if you rotate the map).
- There is a comic bubble with a red dot on the top of the screen, what’s that?
The red button means you have received a new message from the game master. If you click on the comic bubble, you can read the message. You can also answer to the message. Once you’ve seen all the new messages, the red dot will disappear.
- I accidentally closed the app while I was playing the game, what do I do to restore the game?
Open the app again. On introductory page select “Continue last game”. Your game will continue.
- My mobile device is running out of battery, how can I migrate my game to another device?
Close the app on the mobile you will be withdrawing from.
In the new mobile, after downloading LOQUIZ, enable location services (GPS), WiFi, and Data. Open the application, enter username and password and click “Sign in”. Then click on “Resume”. Select your team name and confirm your choice. You can continue the game.
- The blue dot of my position on the map has a faint blue circle
around it that covers a large portion of the map. / The blue dot of my location does not follow my movement.
Your device has not found enough satellites to be able to locate your exact spot. If you are inside a building, you should go out and wait while your device locates more satellites. A quick fix to several location services problems is to disable and reactivate location services (GPS).
- When is the best time to play one of your games?
You can play our games all year long! But we strongly recommend to play during day time! Many of the spots selected in our games are not accessible or not as impressive without daylight!
- I have other questions that your instructions have not solved.
You can send us an email with your questions and we will be happy to help.
- ALWAYS TAKE CARE OF YOUR SAFETY. CHECK FOR TRAFFIC AROUND YOU AND WATCH YOUR STEPS. SOME AREAS THAT YOU WILL VISIT ARE RURAL AND INCLUDE RUINS OF ANCIENT STRUCTURES THAT MAKE WALKING TIRING OR UNSTABLE .
- BE SAFE! AND HAVE FUN!